Take this pizza lunch idea and run with it to suit your child’s tastes and what food you have on hand. Use cooked frozen beef from the freezer to save time and, come to think of it, include frozen corn too! Consider making this the night before so the pizza can cool completely. I always tell my kids, to avoid food poisoning, food sent to school needs to be kept hot or cold, not somewhere in between!
Make it a Lunch! Wow – with Big Batch Beef in the freezer, you've got a head start on making lunches!
- 1 12 inch (30 cm) ready-made or rolled pizza dough crust or whole wheat pita bread
- ½ cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen Big Batch Beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Provolone cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) red onion, thinly sliced
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- Top pizza dough crust with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with Big Batch Beef, tomatoes, cheese, onion and basil.
- Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is crispy and golden.
*All “Kid’s Cook!” ideas herein are meant as a guide only. You know what your child can safely manage. Make sure they know and understand your rules for working in the kitchen safely and always supervise kids in the kitchen.