My kids will happily eat wedges of cold quesadillas for lunch. And with cooked ground beef on hand in the freezer, I can make these with the kids in a snap.
- ½ cup (125 mL) Tex-Mex Big Batch Beef
- 2 to 3 tbsp (30-45 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion
- 2 small whole grain or whole wheat flour tortillas
- Microwave-thaw Tex-Mex Beef.
- Spread over 1 tortilla and top with cheese and some sliced green onion.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 450℉ (230℃) for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into wedges.
Instead of buying grated cheese, save by grating your own cheese. Buy big blocks of hard cheese when they are on sale and get the kids to grate the entire block, portion out and freeze for up to 3 months. Frozen, grated cheese is perfect for this quesadilla recipe or any recipe that is cooked like a quiche or mac and cheese.
*All "Kids Cook!" ideas herein are meant as a guide only. You know what your child can safely manage. Make sure they know and understand your rules for working in the kitchen safely and always supervise kids in the kitchen.